Thursday 7 June 2012

A card I made with my sketch of "Wally"

Today I've a card to share with you. This is a card I made using a drawing I created for a lovely lady from the states, Leslie, who's blog I've been following for a while. She has the most adorable Golden retrievers Wally and LuLu.

My card was helpfully held up by my glamorous assistant, my wooden art mannequin.
Though he's a bit shy and didn't want his photo taken, lol. (I really should give him a name, any suggestions?)

Anyway this is Leslie's beautiful boy Wally.


I coloured the image using Spectrum Noirs alcohol pens, then added a bit more detail with coloured pencils. (I can't get the detail I want from my pens).
I was quite pleased with my wee pine cones, I made these with the smaller rose Marianne D creatables rose die (the one with the wiggly edge, spiral shape you coil), cut from Kraft coloured paper,recycled from a brown paper bag from a clothes shop, I coloured the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink then rolled them quite tight, I used the pine from the Festive greenery Sizzix Sizzlits Tim Holtz  die to add a splash of greenery.

The link to Leslie's blog is on the right "Goldens and Garden".
Leslie also made a beautiful card using this image of Wally.
You'll find it here:
http://lesliekmiller.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/wally-card-for-fathers-day.html

Also today she posted another beautiful card she made using another drawing I did for her of LuLu her gorgeous girl puppy.

Let me know what you think and any suggestions for my mannequin guys name would be welcome.

Thanks for visiting and have a lovely day.

Alexandra

7 comments:

  1. Very lovely card. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great photograph of your card, Alexandra, and I still can't get over how you made those pine cones from a rose die. I just can't wait to show this to Rich, but you know I'm waiting for Father's Day. I really appreciate your description of how you colored this. I can't get the desired detail with Copics, but maybe I'll try supplementing my coloring with some very sharp Prismacolor pencils. It's not just your sketch that's superb, but your coloring, as well. Funny, but one area of detail that most draws me in is his tongue and the subtle play of shadow over it. I have a lot to learn from you, and it thrills me no end that I'll be able to study your art here. All this time you've been visiting me and I had no idea you were such an artist! This really is a beautiful piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    The eye appeal in this card is over the top! There are so many interesting things to look at. Like Leslie, I tend to use my colored pencils, but the coloring you did with your markers is so nicely done. The pine cones pick up a bit of the dogs coloring along with the tag. I really like the way you made the dog look like he was coming out of some brush, wish I could see it in person!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. What about 'MANuel' for your mannequins name?
    Hehe:)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sketch and your embellishing to frame it is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your artwork is amazing! What a treasure this must be for Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog from Leslie's blog. Your art is absolutely fabulous! You possess a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting here. I hope you enjoy your visit.
I love hearing from you, and your comments are much appreciated.