Sunday 24 June 2012

Snowdrops in Summer!

Sorry I don't post as often as I'd like, work and family life make my week zip by so fast.
Another Monday tomorrow already, yikes!!! I'm gonna be old soon at this rate, lol.

I have been drawing some of my favourite flowers recently. Snow drops being one of them.
I love to see the first signs of life in the garden after weeks of cold, dark days of winter. Frost and snow can be very severe, yet these beautiful, delicate looking flowers push their way through, sometimes through ground frost and snow, to cheer us up and let us know better days are ahead. These flowers are tougher and stronger than they look.

I sketched and coloured these Snowdrops earlier this week, and made this card today.


I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir pens, but I still think I prefer water colouring or pencils, I'm just not used to the spread of alcohol pens and when I corrected it, it sometimes bled back into the "blender wetted" area. I used smooth card stock of unknown origins, so I'm guessing this may be the problem. I used Shabby Shutters distress ink blended around the edge of the die cut lables shape.
I used backing paper from a pad of yellow Papermania paper I got ages ago in a goody bag from my local art and craft shop. Yellow is a colour I rarely use, so I'm happy to find a purpose for having it. I thought it went quite well with this image. For the flowers I used the flowers from Marianne Design Creatables Frame- SKU:LR0111, cut using paper from the same paperpad, I inked the flowers with Shabby Shutters distress ink too, one on the white side of the paper to change it slightly.

I think this would be a nice card to cheer someone up...
maybe a "Get Well" or "Thinking of you" card to let them know things may look bleak, but better days are to come.
I haven't attached a sentiment to my card yet, but a stamped sentiment or computer generated words, can be added later when needed.

Here's a copy of the sketched Snowdrops if you'd like to use them too, just right click on the image and save it to your computer.


I hope you enjoy using this image too.

If you're new here, please check back older posts for other artwork you are free to use for personal use. I promise, it'll not take you long as my blog is still a baby, only just over a month old now, lol.

If you do use any of the images I've posted, please let me know in the comments box. I'd really LOVE to see what you make using them.
I don't mind if you want to share these images too, but please link people back to my blog to get these, thanks.
Click on the right if you'd like to follow my blog , this will let me know I'm posting my art images for people out there. I don't think many people know I'm here yet, lol.

I hope to be back with another image soon as I plan to share regular images here with you, especially if I know people are following my blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

Alexandra x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Alexandra -
    I see you have also joined blogland too! Welcome! Enjoyed your
    artwork - very lovely - you are very talented. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I love the Snowdrop sketch you created for you card. I myself, love to draw. It is so nice and simple yet very descriptive!
    If you are interested I have a blog that I post a variety of my art on from time to time. artbecomesme.blogspot.com
    Thanks for sharing your art with every one!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful sketch I'll be saving! Thank you! Your card and coloring are beautiful. Love the pretty paper you chose. It doesn't compete with the image but enhances it. Your lattice border, flowers, and flourishes really put the image in a garden setting. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie Miller gave you a nice shout out and I had to come see. She's right, your art is beautiful! Love the snowdrop card, so delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, your drawing and coloring are so lovely, and it is so very sweet of you too share your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely drawing and lovely card you created with it! I can't find an e mail address for you, but if you would contact me at usyungs@gmail.com I'd like to discuss something with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. Enjoyed my browse tonight...Leslie sent me over. Loved your Lulu sketches and the one of your grand is so special! Oh such talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting here. I hope you enjoy your visit.
I love hearing from you, and your comments are much appreciated.