Tuesday 7 August 2012

Happy Birthday David

Today my gorgeous wee grandson David, turned 1 year old.

This was David and myself earlier today.





This week has been a trial though, and things didn't work out as planned.
My daughter became unwell on Friday night and was admitted into hospital on Saturday morning. She only got discharged this pm, and though she's tired and sore, she's doing okay, and is glad to be home.
I had planned to bake David a special "Nok-Tok" cake, but I've been back and forth to the hospital and only managed to start making his cake yesterday afternoon.
I usually bake one day, let the cake cool and rest, then shape, form, and decorate it the following day.

Nok-Tok (character from Cbeebies-WayBuloo), is his favourite and I had planned to make a fully shaped character cake.

This is a quicker version of the cake I had in mind, with NokTok with a birthday balloon on top. I completed this last night around midnight.



I think he still liked it though.

Happy Birthday to our best boy David with lots of xxx's and cuddles, we love you loads!

I hope to post another digi sketch for you soon, now that things are a bit more back to normal.

Thanks again for visiting,

hugs Alexandra

7 comments:

  1. Your grandson is adorable! I am sure he LOVED his cake as it is quite a thing of beauty! Your talents never end. It looks like a bakery did the decorating! I hope your daughter is feeling much better & will be good as new in no time. I'll say a little prayer for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the birthday cake. Great decorating. I hope your daughter is well on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David looks adorable. I bet he loved his cake and cannot believe this was a "rush job". It looks perfect to me. I do hope your daughter made a full recovery. it must have been a frightening time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Grandson is such a little sweetie, love your cake. Sorry to hear about your daughter though, hope she is fully well soon. A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear your daughter wasn't well, hope she is on the mend! The cake may not have been what you wanted it to be but I am sure he was thrilled with it, terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to hear that your daughter has been poorly...sending get well wishes and your cake is fabulous and your grandson is just adorable...sending big birthday hugs from kath & buddy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grandma came through with a fabulous cake after all! I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter and hope she's recovering nicely by now. So nice to see a photo of your beautiful self. Happy belated birthday to your sweet David!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting here. I hope you enjoy your visit.
I love hearing from you, and your comments are much appreciated.