Friday 12 October 2012

MAC #52

The Everything Wendy Vecchi yahoo group "Make Art Challenge" #52 was to use Wendy Vecchi stamps and CFA and sticky back canvas. Wendy used these to make a gorgeous tag here.

Here's my entry, using "Tools for Art" stamps;

 
I didn't have sticky backed canvas but did have a pad of primed canvas for painting, so I used this with glue to stick it to the CFA. My 3D ink bottle was stamped on this. It turned out not too bad but
I wasn't happy the label on the bottle didn't "pop" I think the texture of the canvas stole the detail of the wording so I stamped it a second time on CFA and cut and heat molded and glued the label over the 3D canvas bottle, then I thought the cap needed a boost too to balance it, so did the same with the bottle top, leaving the canvas for the rubber dropper bit.
I did the CFA/canvas technique again with the paintbrush as the one I stamped directly on the tag was too flat, the 3D brush handle was shaped over a paintbrush handle and fringed the bristles with scissors curled the CFA slightly to make it a bit more "brushy" then added acrylic paint dauber to the ends.
I found a small wire heart shape from my stash wrapped around the ink bottle neck, and some 3D silver stars which I darkened with pitch black and denim alcohol inks in a wee bag then added to tag.
Thanks for looking
hugs
Alexandra x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Alexandra, you have done a superb job on this tag! The paintbrush looks as though you could pick it up and get painting with it - amazing work, love it. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous tag alexandra...your adapt and overcome canvas worked a treat...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, Alexandra! I love your lettering, and especially the paintbrush... fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! I totally thought these were Art Parts. You really shaped them perfectly! What a fun and creative tag! I love the sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting here. I hope you enjoy your visit.
I love hearing from you, and your comments are much appreciated.